Download written material here.Early Bird Registration — Until June 4
(Contact OCDLA for password.)
Complete Online Evaluation.
* * * MEMBERS, PLEASE LOG IN. * * *
Lawyers $355 • Nonlawyers $275
Lawyers $435 • Nonlawyers $310
Students — $25, with membership included
Standard Registration — After June 4
Lawyers $380 • Nonlawyers $300
Lawyers $460 • Nonlawyers $335
Students — $50, with membership included
Annual Conference Photo Contest
Winner gets a prize and the honor of becoming OCDLA’s mascot trial pet, which means a likeness of your pet will appear on an OCDLA t-shirt at a future time. Those registered for the Annual Conference may enter.
1. Annual Conference registrants — submit one JPG photo of your pet to email@example.com by June 1.
2. Only one photo per registrant — multiple photo submissions will be disqualified. You may submit a single photo containing multiple pets. If a photo contains multiple pets votes for that photo are for the group of pets, not one of the individuals. If you want attendees to vote for just one of your pets then submit one photo with just one pet in it.
3. OCDLA will provide conference registrants a PDF version of the pet photo PowerPoint prior to the conference.
4. OCDLA will display the pet photos at the conference.
5. Conference attendees will vote at the conference for the pet in the display they think should be OCDLA’s mascot (i.e., on a t-shirt). The pet photo that receives the most votes wins.
6. Depending on the number of submissions, OCDLA reserves the right to narrow the contenders.
7. Pets who participated in the April 2018 Annual Juvenile Law Conference photo contest will be automatically entered in the Annual Conference Pet Photo Contest.
Who may attend the Annual Conference?
This program is open to defense lawyers and those professionals and law students directly involved in the defense function.
What’s included in the fee?
• Seminar admission (Thurs.–Sat.)
• Written material download in advance
• Friday business luncheon
• Friday social event to be announced
• Continental breakfast Friday
• Hot breakfast Saturday
• Refreshments at the breaks
• CLE credit
• Networking, relaxing, a great time!
Members contact OCDLA by June 4 about scholarships, payment plans or creative payment arrangements.
Seminar cancellations made before June 8 will receive a refund less a $25 cancellation fee. Seminar cancellations made after June 8 — once material download link has been emailed — will receive a refund less a $150 cancellation/written material fee. No-show policy: Written materials are emailed in advance to all participants. Audio materials in the form of MP3 recordings will be sent to OCDLA members only; nonmembers who do not attend are ineligible to receive audio recordings or a refund.
Written materials are sent in advance to all participants. Audio materials in the form of MP3 recordings well be sent to OCDLA members only; nonmembers who do not attend are ineligible to receive the recordings or a refund.
Pending approval in Oregon for 9.75 general, 1 access to justice and 1 ethics credit. Also pending approval in Washington and California. For other state accreditation, call OCDLA at 541-686-8716.
For those needing childcare services visit Visit Bend, here:
OCDLA does not endorse any of these services.
Download written material here.
• Cort Heroy, Client Management and Trial Strategies, Eugene
• Malaer Legal Nurse Consulting, Bend
• Smart Start, Inc., Grapevine
• Fat Pencil Studio, Portland
• Stephen Mallery, Mallery Financial LLC, Eugene
1:45p | Sex Offender Tiering Update: Registration Relief Hearings in 2019
Michael Hsu, Board Member, Oregon Board of Parole and Post-Prison Supervision
Lisa Ludwig, Partner, Ludwig Runstein LLC
Kenneth Nolley, Oregon Voices and Emeritus Professor of English and Film Studies at Willamette University
2:45p | Break
3p | BREAKOUTS
4p | Break
4:15p | BREAKOUTS
5:30–7:30p | Margaritaville Reception
Come peruse the silent auction items, groove to the Latin dance-funk rock sound of Chiringa, try our tasty Mexican-inspired appetizers, chat with friends and of course, enjoy a margarita (first one on us) or other libation. And, last chance to bid on silent auction items! Included with registration. Guests $15.
Saturday, June 16
Moderator: New OCDLA President
7:30a | Hot Breakfast (included)
8:30a | Legislative Update: Back to the Future
9a | Delivery for Consideration: Agreement to Sell or a Completed Sale / State v. Stewart 2018
Jessica Kampfe, Attorney, Salem
10a | Break / Door Prizes /Raffle Drawing
10:20a | Ethics — Direct Contempt: How Not to End Up in Jail
Ed Jones, Interim Executive Director, Metropolitan Public Defender, Portland
11:20a | Adjourn
Please check back for updates.
Program subject to change.
Mt. Bachelor Village, Bend
We SOLD OUT but call 1-877-394-8966 today to see if there have been cancellations. Ref: OCDLA/308862.
Click here to book online.
Our room cut-off date is May 14, 2018, but our block always fills well before!
Alternative Lodging Options
• Entrada, $141.67/night and up. Call (541) 382-4080, 19221 SW Century Dr, Bend.
• TownePlace Suites Marriott, $159, some pet rooms at $25 per pet per night (mention pet when making reservation). Reserve by May 25. Call 541-382-5006, mention OCDLA.
• Fairfield Inn & Suites, $159, a sister property of TownePlace Suites Marriott about 2 miles from the Marriott, similar amenities, nights of June 14, 15, 16. Call 541-382-5006. Reserve by May 25, mention OCDLA.
• Tetherow, no special rate this year, but there are rooms from $204–$334. Call 541-388-2582.
• Vacation Rental By Owner, vrbo.com
• Vacasa Rentals, 503-345-9399, vacasa.com
• Bend Dutch, 866-322-0218, benddutchrentals.com
• Bend Vacation Rentals, 541-385-9492, bendvacationrentals.com
• Bend Chamber of Commerce, bendchamber.org