2014 Education Advocacy for Juvenile Practitioners
Product description:Special Education: Advocacy for Children in Oregon
Brian Baker and Lynn Haxton, Youth, Rights & Justice, Portland
- Understand eligibility for special education and Section 504 accommodations.
- Understand how students are identified for special education and 504.
- Understand how to craft an IEP that includes appropriate instruction, supports, services, accommodations, modifications, goals and school placement for an eligible student.
School Discipline: Alternatives to Exclusion
Brian Baker and Lynn Haxton
- What do you need to know about suspension and expulsion?
- What is your school’s discipline philosophy?
- What are some early intervention techniques?
- What can you do after a behavior occurs?