Search & Seizure Mnl Upd Dec 2019 (hard copy)
Product description:Edited by David Sherbo-Huggins
Additional editing by Matt Blythe, Laura Coffin, and Sara Werboff
Search & Seizure in Oregon has been updated for 2018, with 90 pages of case law updates & analysis. All previous updates from 2015 to 2017 are included as well.
The 2018 Update to the Search and Seizure Manual is ready and chock-full of helpful tips, the latest case law, and in-depth analysis of the most significant law-announcing appellate court decisions of the last 12 months. Some highlights include answers to the following questions:
* How to challenge search warrants for computers and other electronic devices? (State v. Mansor)
*How to challenge search warrants that permit the search of multiple electronic devices? (State v. Friddle; State v. Burnham)
* How to challenge subpoenaed cell phone location information? (U.S. v. Carpenter)
* How to suppress the DUII interview and breath test if your client asked for a lawyer? (State v. Swan)
* When can an officer ask the defendant about the presence of weapons? (State v. Miller)
* When is the passenger in a vehicle unlawfully stopped? (State v. Rosales; Rodriguez v. U.S.)
* When can an officer investigate matters beyond the scope of the original basis for the stop? (State v. Reich; State v. Aguirre-Lopez)
To purchase the complete and updated Search & Seizure in Oregon manual, click here.