OCDLA is proud to offer for the third year a unique limited enrollment training opportunity for Oregon juvenile delinquency practitioners — a Juvenile Training Immersion Program (JTIP). Developed by the National Juvenile Defender Center, JTIP is meant to be the “gold standard” in training for juvenile defenders and is intended to help defenders across the country offer the highest level of advocacy for their clients.
The NJDC program consists of 40 training modules or lessons. On April 20 and 21 OCDLA will present two modules:
- Challenging Juvenile Statements (Lesson 20)
- Advocacy in Special Education Cases (Lesson 39
- Arthur Bowie, Attorney, Sacramento, CA
- Peter Ohman, Training Coordinator, Office of the State Public Defender, Bozeman, MT
- George Yeannakis, Special Counsel, TeamChild, Seattle, WA
Enrollment limited to 27 juvenile delinquency practitioners (one from each judicial district), and the attendee is also required to attend the April 21-22 Annual Juvenile Law Conference.
- Public Defense Contractors select one attorney from their judicial district to attend the April 20–21 JTIP training ($100) and the April 21-22 Annual Juvenile Law Conference ($255).
- Attorney must be an OCDLA member who is involved in juvenile delinquency public defense representation.
- Attorney must also register for OCDLA’s April 21–22 Annual Juvenile Law Conference.
- Attorney must share information from the training at brown bag style CLE with others in their district upon completion of the training.
How to Register
If you are an attorney who is interested in attending, let your contract administrator know you would like to attend. If you are a contract contact call 541-686-8716 or email Tracye, firstname.lastname@example.org, to let us know who from your district you have selected.
The deadline to select an attorney and notify OCDLA with payment is March 20.
Scholarship assistance can be requested from OCDLA.
This is a commitment. It will be difficult to find replacements for those who cancel. Because of this and the reduced fee, there are no refunds for canceling JTIP.
Hallmark Resort — FULL
744 SW Elizabeth Street, Newport
Shilo Inn Ocean Front Hotel
536 SW Elizabeth Street, Newport
$109 Deluxe 2 Queen. Mention OCDLA to receive this special rate. Rate good until April 7.
Holiday Inn Express
135 SE 32nd Street, Newport
$107 King, $114 2 Queen.
Other questions? Call 541-686-8716, or email Tracye.